Friday, February 1, 2013

Widgets

Fun Flower Friday Mashup 95!

It’s finally Friday! You know what that means… it’s time for another Friday Mashup challenge! This week’s challenge was a little tough. But first, take a look at the card I made.


  • Stamps: Flowering Flourishes
  • DSP: Polka Dot Parade
  • Card Stock: Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, Whisper White
  • Ink: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
  • Marker: Raspberry Ripple
  • Accessories: Blossom Punch, 1-3/4” Scalloped Circle Punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Designer Build-A-Brads, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Dazzling Details, Stampin’ Sponge, Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, ruler


Image Source
© Misty Sprouse Photography  
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the colors "Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight & Old Olive".
  2. Or Make a project "Creating your own Sentiment (No Stamps, Stickers, Chipboard etc.).
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project "With your own Sentiment using the Colors above"

I started off by cutting a piece of Raspberry Ripple card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-3/4” x 5”. I used the fine point end of my Primrose Petals marker to write “Happy Birthday” on the bottom of the card stock. Then I used a ruler to draw lines around the panel. I was intentionally going for not-perfect lines. I adhered this onto the card front. Next I cut a scrap of Old Olive card stock with the Apothecary Accents Framelit. I stamped the Old Olive label with the image from Flowering Flourishes in Old Olive card stock then sponged around the label with Old Olive ink. I tied a piece of Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon around the label and adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Now for the flower. I punched two flowers from Daffodil Delight DSP from the Polka Dot Parade pack. I sponged around the edges of both flowers with Daffodil Delight ink. Then I used my bone folder to curl the petals on one flower up, and the petals on the other flower down. Next I used my 1-3/4” Scalloped Circle punch on the same piece of DSP. I sponged around the edge with Daffodil Delight ink, then used Paper Snips to cut between the scalloped to make the petals. I used my bone folder to curl the petals up.

I layered up the flower pieces and used a Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce a hole through the center of the flower where I added one of the wonderful new Designer Build-A-Brads. I used the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack to punch a small circle from the Polka Dot Parade DSP and used Crystal Effects to adhere the DSP into the center of the brad, then placed one of the clear drops that come with the brads on top of the DSP. I adhered the flower onto the Old Olive label with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I just love this flower! It looks so bright and fun with all those polka dots!

If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team has created and enter your project!