Monday, February 11, 2013

Widgets

Daffodil Birthday

Are  you ready to get sketchy? I did! Take a look at this card that I created for the SCCSC133 sketch on Stampin’ Connection!


  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • DSP: Floral District
  • Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Argyle Embossing Folder, Labels Framelits, Word Window Punch, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Rhinestones, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, craft knife

Here is the sketch that was created by Liz Goldhawk: 


To begin this card I started off with a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Argyle embossing folder to add some texture. Next I cut a piece of Floral District DSP with the Labels Framelits and a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock with the next largest Labels Framelit. I stamped the swirls from Everything Eleanor onto the DSP in Cherry Cobbler ink and adhered the DSP onto the Cherry Cobbler label. Then I adhered the label panel onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I used a craft knife to cut a slit in the fold of the card, then threaded a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon through the slit and tied it into a knot. For the greeting I stamped the image from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink and punched it out with the Word Window punch. I adhered this onto the label with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals. I adhered a Vintage Faceted Designer Button onto the right side of the label with a Glue Dot. Then I added some Rhinestones onto a few of the stamped swirls.


That’s all it took to create this bright and fun birthday card! What do you think?