Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Widgets

Here's to You Swap

Today I have a swap card to share with you! Swaps are such a great way to get new ideas for cards and new products! I participated in this one shortly after the new catalog came out for Demos to view. When I saw the new catalog I instantly fell in love with Serene Silhouettes. So for one of my swap cards I chose to ink up that stamp set to create some nice cards. Take a look:


  • Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Friendly Phrases
  • Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
  • Ink: Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Summer Starfruit, Versamark
  • Accessories: Stampin’ Sponge, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Argyle embossing folder, Black embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Post-It Note, 1” Circle Punch

I started off this card by cutting a piece of Midnight Muse card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Argyle embossing folder. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White and a piece of Cajun Craze card stock 5-1/4” x 3-1/4” and ran each of them through the Big Shot with the Apothecary Accents Framelit.

I used the 1” Circle Punch on a Post-It Note making sure to get as much of the sticky part inside the circle as possible. I placed the circle onto the Whisper White card stock where I wanted my sun to be. I also placed a Post-It Note over the bottom section of the label where I wanted my greeting. Then I sponged the Whisper White card stock with Summer Starfruit, More Mustard, and Cajun Craze to create the sunset.  I removed the circle mask and sponged just a little bit of Summer Starfruit and More Mustard inside the circle to add some shading to my sun.

I stamped the image from Serene Silhouettes in Versamark onto the sponged card stock, covered the stamped image with Black embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool to make the image shiny.


I removed the remaining Post-It Note mask and stamped the greeting from Friendly Phrases onto the bottom of the label in Midnight Muse ink. Next I took the Cajun Craze label and used Paper Snips to cut the label in half length-wise. I adhered the label halves behind the stamped Whisper White card stock and used the Paper Snips again to trim off the points that extend out past the Whisper White card stock.

Finally I wrapped a piece of Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon around the label and tied it into a knot then simply adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I really like the high contrast between the Midnight Muse, shades of yellow and orange, and the white at the bottom! I just love this card! Unfortunately I didn’t make sure to make an extra for me to keep, so every one of these went off to the swap.

What stamp set did you immediately like after seeing the new catalog for the first time?