Thursday, February 21, 2013

Widgets

Indigo Gift Card Holder

Here is the second gift card holder that I made for the swap I mentioned yesterday. I like to give gift cards as a gift because then the recipient can get what they want, but I like to personalize it a bit more by presenting it in a pretty way. So here is another pretty way to give a gift card as a gift!



  • Stamps: Very Vintage Wheel, Daydream Medallions
  • Card Stock: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight
  • Ink: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Silver Glimmer Paper, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, 2-Way Glue Pen, Sticky Strip, Floral Frames Framelits, Silver Brads

I started off with a piece of Island Indigo card stock cut at 4-1/4” x 5-3/4”. With the 5-3/4” side against the top of my Simply Scored I scored it at 1-3/4” and 4-1/4”. I used the Scallop Edge Border Punch on the longer of the two flaps. I used the Very Vintage wheel on the shorter flap with Island Indigo ink.

For the flower I stamped the image from Daydream Medallions onto a scrap of Lucky Limeade card stock then cut out the shape by running it through the Big Shot with the Floral Frames Framelits. I used the Boho Blossoms punch to punch out the middle sized flower from Daffodil Delight card stock. I stacked the flowers on top of one another and positioned it close to the fold on the stamped flap. Then I used a Paper Piercer with my Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce a hole through all three layers. A Silver Brad was added in the center of the flowers to hold it onto the gift card holder.

Next I cut a strip of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/4” x 4-1/4” and used the 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere the glimmer paper just above the scalloped edge. Then I flipped the card stock over and applied Sticky Strip onto the sides of the stamped tab just up to the first score line. At this point I folded on both score lines, then removed the Sticky Strip liner, folded the stamped flap up towards the middle and adhered it in place. This creates the pocket for the gift card. Then to close it fold the scalloped flap down and tuck the scalloped edge behind the flower.


It’s that simple! Not to mention cute! Have you been making any gift card holders lately?