Thursday, February 14, 2013

Widgets

Be Mine!

I have another sketch challenge for you! I was having fun playing with some of the new goodies from the Spring Catalog a while back and came up with the fun valentine’s card. This was created with the SCCSC128 sketch challenge.


  • Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts (retired), Mixed Medley
  • DSP: More Amore
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Whisper White, Real Red
  • Ink: Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Real Red
  • Accessories: Red Glimmer Paper, 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle Punch, 3/4” Circle punch, Triple Heart Punch (retired), 3” Circle Die, Scallop Edge Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, 2-Way Glue Pen, Paper Snips

Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson: 



I started off by cutting a piece of Pool Party card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of the More Amore DSP from the Spring Catalog 3-1/2” x4-1/4”. I cut a piece of Real Red card stock 1” x 4-1/4” and punched one edge with the Scallop Edge border punch. I adhered the Real Red scalloped  piece behind the DSP, then adhered this layer onto the card front.


Next I cut a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock with the 3” Circle die. I stamped the hearts from I {Heart} Hearts in Sahara Sand, Pool Party, and Real Red ink. I used the retired Triple Heart Punch on a piece of Red Glimmer Paper then used 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere the hearts inside the red dot stamped hearts on the circle. Some of the hearts extended past the edge of the circle, so I cut those even with the circle with Paper Snips. I adhered this piece onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Finally I stamped the “be mine” image from Mixed Medley onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock once in Pool Party ink and once in Real Red ink. I punched out the Pool Party image with the 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle punch and the Real Red image with the 3/4” Circle punch.  I adhered the red “be mine” into the center of the stamped Pool Party image with 2-Way Glue Pen before adhering the scalloped circle onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional. I added just a tiny bit of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details inside the small heart on the greeting.


I love the combination of colors and hearts in this DSP!