Monday, February 25, 2013

Widgets

Primrose Birthday

I created this card for my big sis for her birthday several months ago. Her favorite color is pink, in case it wasn't obvious. Take a look!


  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Beautiful Birthday
  • Card Stock: Primrose Petals, Whisper White
  • Ink: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Versamark
  • Accessories: Embossing Buddy, Clear embossing powder, Heat Tool, Sponge Dauber, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Silver Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Primrose Petals Stitched Satin ribbon

I started off by cutting a piece of Primrose Petals card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. I stamped the swirls from Everything Eleanor onto the bottom of the card stock several times in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Clear embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool until it was shiny. I sponged on Primrose Petals and then Raspberry Ripple ink.  I adhered this onto the card front then wrapped a piece of Primrose Petals Stitched Satin ribbon around the card and tied it into a knot.


Next I stamped the greeting from Beautiful Birthday onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Primrose Petals ink. Then I cut out the greeting with the Apothecary Accents Framelit in the Big Shot. I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce a hole in each end of the label and added a silver brad. I adhered this onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Simple yet pretty, what do you think?