Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Widgets

Candy Cane Christmas

I like to give my Make and Take guests ideas for their Christmas cards. July through December there is always at least one Christmas card at the Make and Take. That way the ladies have ideas for their cards, or have enough already made by the time Christmas comes. So here is the Christmas card that we made for the October Make and Take that I am just now getting around to posting! 


  • Stamps: Scentsational Season, More Merry Messages
  • DSP: Candlelight Christmas
  • Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Holiday Collection Framelits, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals


I started off with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Lucky Limeade card stock that was scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock 3-1/2” x 4-3/4”. Then I cut a piece of Candlelight Christmas DSP 1-3/4” x 4-3/4”. I adhered the DSP onto the bottom of the small Lucky Limeade card stock. Then I ran the card stock through the Big Shot with just the Lucky Limeade half inside the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. This was adhered onto a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Whisper White card stock and then onto the card front. I cut a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper 1/4” x 4-3/4” and adhered it onto the card front where the Lucky Limeade meets the DSP.

Next I stamped two candy canes from Scentsational Season onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink. I ran these through the Big Shot with the Holiday Collection framelit to cut out the candy cane and used 2-way glue pen to adhere the candy canes together. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1” x 3-1/4”. I stamped the greeting from More Merry Messages onto the card stock in Lucky Limeade ink and used Paper Snips to cut the dove-tail in one end. I adhered the other end of the greeting banner behind the candy canes with 2-Way Glue Pen. The candy canes and banner were adhered onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


So are you gearing up for Christmas? What do you do to get everything done in time?