Friday, February 8, 2013

Widgets

Timeless Father's Day Card

It’s Friday again! That means it’s time for the Friday Mashup challenge! This week I had to dig through my retired stamps  to find the right one for this challenge, but now I have one of my Father’s Day cards made well ahead of time!


  • Stamps: Delightful Dozen, Artifacts
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Basic Black
  • DSP: Print Poetry
  • Ink: Basic Black, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Silver Foil Smooch Spritz, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, peter brads, Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Sponge, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Sahara Sand Marker



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:

1. Make a project with a "Time Theme".
2. Or Make a project using the "Color Black".
3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with a " Time theme using the color Black".



I started off with a piece of Sahara Sand card stock that was cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. I had to dig out my long retired Artifacts stamp set that I was in the process of converting to clear mount. I had unmounted it, but hadn’t mounted it onto the cling foam yet. But I had let my dad borrow my hot knife, so I just laid the rubber image side up on the table, inked it, and pressed the card stock onto the stamp. Not a great way to stamp, but it worked in a pinch. I used a Stampin’ Sponge to sponge around the outside edge of the card front in Basic Black ink. Then I sprayed some Silver Foil Smooch Spritz all over the card front to give it a little bit of shine.


Next I cut a piece of Basic Black card stock 2-3/8” x 4-1/4” and a piece of Print Poetry DSP 2-1/4” x 4-1/4”. I adhered these layers together and then adhered it onto the card front. I applied some SNAIL Adhesive onto the DSP where I wanted my label to go. Then I adhered the end of the Cherry Cobble Baker’s Twine into the adhesive and wrapped the twine around the card front several times and pressed the other end into the adhesive.


I stamped the greeting from Delightful Dozen onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Midnight Muse ink. I colored in the word “Father” with my Sahara Sand marker. I cut out the greeting with the Apothecary Accents Framelit. I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce a hole in both sides of the label and added a pewter brad in each hole. I adhered the label onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.

If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup and see what the rest of the design team has come up with! I hope you get a chance to play along!