Monday, February 25, 2013

Widgets

Wishing For Spring

I’ve been wishing and hoping for spring to come for a while now. So what better way to wish for spring than make Easter cards with cute little bunny rabbits on it? Take a look at the card I made for last week’s Friday Mashup challenge!


  • Stamps: Everybunny, Oh Hello
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Pool Party, Island Indigo
  • Markers: Sahara Sand, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce mat, Pewter Brads, Labels Framelits, Paper Snips, 2-1/2” Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project "using the Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project with "Bunnies".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with the "Sketch featuring Bunnies".

I started off by cutting apiece of Lucky Limeade card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Sycamore Street DSP (that you can still get for FREE during Sale-A-Bration) 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”. I adhered the DSP onto the card front then used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce holes in each corner of the DSP and added a Pewter Brad in each hole.

Next I used my Big Shot to cut a scrap of Island Indigo card stock with the label framelit. I cut a piece of Pool Party card stock 1” x 3-1/2” and stamped the chevron image from Oh Hello onto the strip in Pool Party ink. Then I used Paper Snips to cut the end of the strip into a dove-tail shape before adhering this piece onto the Island Indigo label.


I stamped the bunny from Everybunny onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Black Stazon ink then stamped the greeting just below the bunny in Island Indigo ink. I punched this out with the 2-1/2” Circle punch then colored in the bunny image.

Tip: One easy way to add more dimension to a colored image is to color in an area with your Stampin’ Up marker. Then, use the same color marker to color over the areas where you want to add shadow.


For the bunny I colored my Sahara Sand and Pink Pirouette makers on a clear stamp block and used my Blender Pen to pick up just a tiny bit of color to add shadow to the bunny’s white fur and just a little pink in the ears and on the nose. Once I was finished with my coloring I sponged around the edge of the punched circle with Pool Party ink and adhered the circle onto the Island Indigo label. The label was adhered onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.  So cute and easy!

If you have a chance, head on over to the Friday Mashup and see what the rest of the design team has created! I hope you get a chance to play along!