Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Widgets

Season's Greetings

Here is another swap card for you! This time it’s a Christmas card!


  • Stamps: Tags Till Christmas, More Merry Messages
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green
  • DSP: Be of Good Cheer
  • Ink: Gumball Green, Versamark
  • Accessories: Labels Framelits, Ornament Punch, Gold Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Pearls, Stampin’ Dimensionals.

I started off with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Gumball Green card stock just large enough to fit the second-largest Label Framelit and ran that through the Big Shot to cut the label shape. I used my paper cutter to cut the label in half length-wise and adhered it onto the card base.

Next I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock 2-1/4” x 5-1/2”. I stamped the greeting from More Merry Messages onto the bottom of the card stock in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool. Next I cut a piece of Be of Good Cheer DSP 2-1/4” x 3” and adhered it onto the Cherry Cobbler card stock. Then I adhered this layer onto the left side of the card front.


For the ornament I stamped the ornament image from Tags Till Christmas in Gumball Green ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock. I punched out the ornament with the Ornament punch and adhered it to the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional. Just to add a little shimmer I added a single Pearl into the center of the ornament. That’s it!


Christmas cards are my favorite ones to make. I don’t know why. I guess they just get me in the Christmas spirit. Christmas is creeping up on us fast. I had better get my Christmas cards done soon!

What are your favorite kind of cards to make?