Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Widgets

Simply Wonderful Flower

Good morning! I hope everyone is having an absolutely fabulous weekend! Today I have another card from the May Make and Take to share with you. Take a look: 


I just LOVE this blossom punch! Too bad the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch is retiring though. Make sure to get it before they're gone for good if you don't have it already!


  • Stamps: Friendly Phrases
  • Card Stock: Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
  • DSP: Daffodil Delight
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Blossom Punch, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Corner Rounder Punch, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Final Press embossing folder, Two-Way Glue Pen


For this card I started off with a piece of Rose Red card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I used the Corner Rounder punch on the bottom two corners of the card and then ran the card stock through the Big Shot in the Final Press embossing folder.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1-1/4" x 3" and used the Corner Rounder punch on the bottom two corners. I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch on a scrap of Pink Pirouette card stock and adhered it to the backside of the Whisper White card stock with Two-Way Glue Pen so that you can only see half of the punched ribbon. The greeting from Friendly Phrases was stamped in Lucky Limeade ink and the greeting was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For the flower I used the Blossom Punch on a scrap of Daffodil Delight card stock to punch one flower. I punched another flower from Daffodil Delight Polka Dot DSP and one more flower from Lucky Limeade card stock. I also used the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (which will be retiring soon!) on a scrap of Whisper White card stock. Okay...now that all my flowers are punched it's time to give them some shape.

First I sponged the edges of the Daffodil Delight DSP with Daffodil Delight ink. I don't really like seeing the white edges of the DSP on my punched pieces so I will frequently sponge around the edge to cover that up. Then I used my bone folder to curl the flower petals up on the DSP and down on the Daffodil Delight card stock flower. I stacked the flowers and used the Paper Piercer and Mat pack to pierce a hole in the center and added an Everyday Enchantment brad into the center.

Now we need to add some leaves onto the flower. To do this take your Lucky Limeade punched flower and use Paper Snips to cut off two petals by cutting between the petals and towards the center. Adhere the two petals behind your flower and there you have your leaves! I adhered the flower onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. That's it!

This card was super fast and easy, and everyone love it! This card was inspired by THIS card created by Deb!

Thanks for stopping by!