Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Widgets

Happiest Birthday Wishes!

I have a sketch card to share with you today! This one was created for the SCCSC128 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection and is a masculine birthday card. Take a look!


  • Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired)
  • DSP: Twitterpated, Midnight Muse
  • Card Stock: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Early Espresso
  • Ink: Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Tasteful Trim Die, Festive Piercing Pack, Window Frames Framelits, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Silver Brads, Brights Buttons, Early Espresso Baker’s Twine, Glue Dots

Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson: 



For this quick masculine card I started off with a piece of Basic Gray card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Twitterpated DSP 3” x 4” and adhered it onto the top of the card front. Next I cut a piece of the Midnight Muse striped DSP 2-1/4” x 4” and adhered it onto the bottom of the card front. I had the Early Espresso ric-rac left over from something else that I used the Tasteful Trim die to cut so I trimmed it down to 4” long and adhered it over the seam of the DSP. 

Next I stamped the greeting from Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired) onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and cut it out with the Window Frames Framelit. I also cut the next size up from a scrap of Basic Gray card stock. Then I used the Festive Piercing Pack, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Paper Piercer, to pierce around the edge of both the Whisper White and Basic Gray die cuts. I adhered the Whisper White label on top of the Basic Gray label then used the Paper Piercer to pierce a hole in each of the four points and added a Silver Brad. I adhered this onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


To add a little pop of color I threaded some Early Espresso Baker’s Twine through the holes in a Tempting Turquoise button, tied it into a bow, and adhered the button onto the card front with a Glue Dot.

Fast, easy, and used a bunch of scraps! What do you think?