Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Widgets

Thinking of You Valentine

I made a few of these cards for a swap a while ago. Now that Valentine ’s Day is only a few days away, I’m finally getting around to posting it. Take a look!


  • Stamps: You Are Loved, Hearts a Flutter
  • Card Stock:  Pool Party, Whisper White
  • Ink: Basic Gray, Illuminate
  • Accessories: Hearts A Flutter Framelit, Heart Punch, Basic Gray 1/4” Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Foil Smooch Spritz, Red Glimmer Paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber


This card was fun to make, but I kept adding more things to it as I went along. Finally I had to say enough is enough.  I started off with a piece of Pool Party card stock cut at 4-1/4” x 11” and scored at 5-1/2”. I stamped the heart images from Hearts a Flutter all over the card front in Illuminate Versamark ink. This gives a subtle shimmer to the stamped images in the background. Next I used the scalloped heart framelit from the Hearts a Flutter set and cut the scalloped heart opening in the card front. I used a Sponge Dauber and Basic Gray ink to sponge around the inside of the scalloped heart opening to make it stand out. Then I stamped the greeting from You are Loved beneath the heart cut out in Basic Gray ink.


I wanted to add some splatter to the card so I sprayed on some Silver Foil Smooch Spritz on the card front. Next I cut a piece of Sycamore Street DSP 1-1/2” x 4-1/4” and adhered it onto the left side of the card front. I wrapped some Basic Gray 1/4” Stitched Grosgrain ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot.


Now for the inside. I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. I stamped the pretty heart from You are Loved in the bottom right hand corner in Pool Party ink. Instead of trying to get the heart positioned so the glimmer heart would be centered, I intentionally stamped the Pool Party heart tilted so it wouldn’t be obvious if the hearts weren’t perfectly lined up. I adhered this panel inside the card.


Finally I used the large Heart Punch on a piece of Red Glimmer Paper. I added a Stampin’ Dimensional onto the back of the heart. I closed the card and adhered the glimmer paper heart centered inside the scalloped heart window.

So much fun!