Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Widgets

Girly Valentine

At the January Make and Take my guests got to make two cards that can be used as Valentine’s Day cards. The first one is more girly, which I’ll show you now. The second card is more of a masculine card and is perfect for giving to a guy, which I will share later today.


  • Stamps: You are Loved
  • DSP: More Amore
  • Card Stock: Whisper White
  • Ink: Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Regal Rose
  • Accessories: Small Heart Punch, Silver Glimmer Paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Two Tone Ribbon, Stampin’ Sponge


I started off by cutting a piece of Whisper White card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. Next I cut a piece of More Amore DSP 2-1/2” x 4-1/4”. I sponged around the edges of the DSP with a Stampin’ Sponge and Regal Rose ink then adhered the DSP onto the bottom of the card front.


I stamped the heart from You are Loved onto the top of the card front in Pink Pirouette ink. Then I stamped the greeting in Real Red ink. I wrapped a piece of the wonderful Two-Tone ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot. I used Paper Snips to trim the ribbon ends into a dove-tail shape. Finally I used the Small Heart punch on a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper and adhered the sparkly punched heart next to the greeting with half of a Stampin’ Dimensional.


This card is so simple and fun! Not to mention pretty with all those shades of pink!