Thursday, February 28, 2013

Widgets

Polka Dot Christmas

I have another sketch challenge card to share with you today! Take a look at this fun, kinda wonky, Christmas card. It makes me think of The Grinch (which I watch every year at least once!). So even though it's well past Christmas, here you go! 




  • Stamps: Sassy Salutations, Scentsational Season
  • DSP: Holly Berry Bouquet (retired)
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Gumball Green, Versamark
  • Accessories: Snow Burst embossing folder (retired), Champagne Glimmer Paper, Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen, Merry Minis Punch Pack, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, Fancy Favor Box die, Paper Snips, 1” Square Punch
This card was created using the SCCSC141 sketch which was drawn up by yours truly!



I started off by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Holly Berry Bouquet DSP (retired) 4-1/4” x 4-1/4”. Then I placed the DSP onto my paper cutter and cut off a random angle from the bottom. I adhered this onto the card front. Next I took a scrap of Cherry Cobbler paper that was left over from cutting out a Fancy Favor box and adhered it just below the DSP. I used Paper Snips to trim off the excess paper extending past the edge of the card front. I also cut a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper 1/8” x 5” and adhered it just above the top edge of the Cherry Cobbler card stock trim with a  2-Way Glue Pen then trimmed the excess even with the edge of the card front.


For the greeting I stamped the image from Sassy Salutations onto the bottom of the Crumb Cake card stock in Versamark, then covered the stamped image in Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my heat tool.

Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 1-7/8” x 2-1/8” and stamped the tree from Scensational Season onto the card stock in Gumball Green ink. I adhered this onto a 2” x 2-1/4” piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock and adhered it onto the upper left hand corner of the card front. I used the star punch from the Merry Minis Punch Pack to cut out a Champagne Glimmer Paper star and adhered it onto the top of the tree with 2-Way Glue Pen.


Finally I punched two squares from a scrap of Crumb Cake card stock with my 1” Square Punch and ran them through the Big Shot in the Snow Burst embossing folder. I adhered these onto the card front right next to the tree panel. To finish it off I used some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on the polka dots on the tree so it matches the DSP.

What do you think?