Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Widgets

Spice Cake Leaves

Good morning! I have a swap card to share with you today! I made this one recently for a swap that uses fabric on a card. So this is what I made.


  • Stamps: Gently Falling, Sassy Salutations
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
  • Ink: More Mustard, Pool Party, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Spice Cake fabric, Chevron Embossing folder, Corner Rounder punch

I started off by cutting a piece of Pool Party card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock 3-1/2” x 4-3/4”. Then I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3-3/8” x 4-5/8”. I used the Corner Rounder punch on the right sides of all three pieces. Then I stamped the leaf images onto the Very Vanilla card stock in More Mustard and Pool Party ink. To get the two shades of color ink up the solid image stamp with ink, then stamp it off onto a scrap paper before stamping it onto the Very Vanilla card stock. Then stamp the outline image as you would regularly. This makes the solid image lighter than the outline and gives a very nice subtle contrast between the two. I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations on top of the leaves in Early Espresso card stock.


Next I cut a piece of More Mustard card stock 1-1/2” x 3-3/8” and ran it through the Big Shot in the Chevron embossing folder. Then I adhered this onto the left side of the Very Vanilla card stock. I adhered this layer onto the Early Espresso card stock, and then onto the card front. For the fabric part I cut a piece of Spice Cake fabric 1” x 18”, wrapped it around the card front, and tied it into a knot. It’s as simple as that!


Part of the challenge was also to decorate the inside so I stamped the solid image of the leaf down the right edge of the inside of the card in Pool Party ink, then I stamped the line image on top of the leaves in Early Espresso ink. This added a very nice and simple border to the inside of the card.

I just love this color combo! What do you think?