Thursday, February 7, 2013

Widgets

Soft Suede Birthday Wishes

I’ve got another sketch challenge card to share with you! This one was created for SCCSC137 on Stampin’ Connection.


  • Stamps: Bring on the Cake
  • DSP: Comfort Café
  • Card Stock: Soft Suede, Midnight Muse, Brushed Gold
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Rinestones, Early Espresso embossing powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals

Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson: 



I started off this card by cutting a piece of Soft Suede card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut two patterns of Comfort Café DSP 2-1/8” x 4” and adhered them onto the bottom of the card front. Next I cut a piece of Midnight Muse card stock 1/4” x 4” and adhered it over the seam of the DSP. I cut two more pieces of Midnight Muse card stock 3/4” x 4-1/4” and punched one long edge of each with the Scallop Edge Border Punch before adhering them onto the  card front at the top edge of the DSP.


Then I stamped the greeting from Bring on the Cake onto a scrap of Brushed Gold card stock in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with Early Espresso embossing powder, and heated it with my Heat Tool. Then I cut out the greeting in the Big Shot with the Apothecary Accents Framelits. I added two medium and two small rhinestones onto the label and adhered the label onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Super quick and easy! What do you think?