Thursday, February 7, 2013

Widgets

Floral Flourishes Birthday!

Hello everyone! This card was created for SCCSC144 sketch challenge on stamp in connection. I had some fun using some of the new goodies from the spring catalog.


  • Stamps: Perfectly Penned
  • DSP: Tea for Two
  • Cardstock: Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade, Garden Green
  • Markers: Gumball Green
  • Accessories: Top Note Die, Chevron Embossing Folder, Modern Label Punch, Rhinestones, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Brights Buttons


I started off by cutting a piece of Summer Starfruit card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Then I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Chevron embossing folder. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4” x 5” and ran it through the Big Shot on the Top Note die. I stamped the flower image from Flowering Flourishes onto the Very Vanilla card stock by first inking up the stamp in Lucky Limeade ink and used a Gumball Green marker to color in the flowers and dots on the stamp. I breathed on the stamp to re-moisten the ink and stamped it onto the Very Vanilla top note.


I adhered the stamped top not onto the card front then used Paper Snips to cut the end of the top note even with the edge of the card front. Next I cut a piece of Tea for Two DSP 1-1/4” x 4-1/4” and adhered it onto the right side of the card. I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto a scrap of Lucky Limeade card stock and punched it out with the Modern Label Punch. I adhered the greeting label onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhered a Brights Button just to the right of the greeting label with another Stampin’ Dimensional.

That’s it! I love the Chevron embossing folder!