Thursday, January 31, 2013

Widgets

Fall Thinking of You

I started off creating this card for a Friday Mashup challenge last fall, but then used the wrong greeting so it didn't fit the challenge anymore. But it’s still a fun fall card!


  • Stamps: French Foliage, Sassy Salutations, Woodgrain
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Brushed Copper
  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Versamark, Crumb Cake
  • Accessories: Early Espresso embossing powder, Heat Tool, Early Espresso 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Antique Brads, Crop-A-Dile, Top Note Die, Corner Rounder punch, Paper Snips


To start I cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock 3-3/4” x 5” and a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 3-5/8” x 4-7/8”. I used the Corner Rounder punch on all four corners of both pieces of card stock. Then I stamped the Woodgrain background stamp onto the piece of Crumb Cake card stock in Crumb Cake ink. I adhered this piece onto the Early Espresso card stock, then onto the card front. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla and Brushed Copper card stock 4” x 5” and ran it through the Big Shot on the Top Note Die.

I have been hoarding saving my last few pieces of this Brushed Copper card stock for something special. Stampin’ Up sadly retired this beautiful card stock several years ago. I only have a few small pieces left now. I don’t know what I’ll do after they’re gone!


Anyway… back to the card. I stamped the leaves from French Foliage in the upper left hand corner of the Very Vanilla top note in Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight ink. For the two-toned leaves I used the Rock-N-Roll technique.  Next I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto the card front in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with Early Espresso embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the Heat Tool.


Next I took Paper Snips and cut the Very Vanilla top note on the stich lines and adhered it on top of the Brushed Copper top note. I cut a piece of Early Espresso 1/8” Taffeta ribbon, adhered it onto the back of the card stock with a little SNAIL Adhesive, wrapped it around the corners and tied it into a bow. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole right under the bow. I spread the prongs on my Antique Brad really wide, straddled the knot on the bow, and inserted them into the hole in the card stock before spreading the prongs on the backside of the card stock. I adhered this panel onto the card front with some Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Now I just have to send this special card to a special someone!

What do you think? What favorite supplies are you hoarding saving?