Friday, January 11, 2013

Widgets

Celebrate Patterns Friday Mashup 92!

Are you ready for another fabulous Friday Mashup challenge? This week we’re focusing on patterns. Take a look at the card I made:



  • Stamps: Perfectly Penned
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark
  • Accessories: Early Espresso embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Early Espresso Baker’s Twine, 3/16” Corner Punch, Stampin’ Sponge, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots

Photo Source

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using "Different Patterns".
  2. Or Make a project with the three or more colors from "Summer Starfruit, Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo, Early Espresso and Sahara Sand".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Patterned Project with the Challenge Colors".

This challenge was a pretty though one to mash up with all those colors. Although you don’t have to use them all, I’m a bit of an overachiever so I went for it! Besides, the new Sycamore Street DSP that you can get FREE during Sale-A-Bration had all of these colors in one particular pattern. Not to mention many other fabulous patterns! I also combined this challenge with the SCCSC111 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection. Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly:

I started off on this card with a piece of Sahara Sand card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” for a neutral card base. Next I cut a piece of DSP 4” x 5-1/4”. I stamped the greeting from Perfectly Penned in the lower left hand corner of the card front in Versamark ink. Then I covered the stamped greeting with Early Espresso embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the Heat Tool. I adhered this panel onto the card front.


For the Island Indigo pattern piece I cut the DSP 2-1/4” x 3” and used the 3/16” Corner punch on just two of the corners. I sponged the edges of the DSP with Early Espresso ink just to make them stand out, then used Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the DSP onto the upper left hand corner of the card front. Next I cut two pieces of the star pattern DSP 1-3/4” x 1-3/4”. I used the 3/16” Corner Punch on these and sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink before adhering them onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


To finish it off I tied two pieces of Early Espresso Baker’s Twine into a knot and used a Glue Dot to adhere it inside the back of the Vintage Faceted Button. I use a couple more Glue dots to adhere the button onto the card. That’s it! A fun bright card full of wonderful new patterns! Head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team created!