Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Widgets

Joy!

I have another Make and Take card to share with you! This one is the Christmas card from the August Make and Take. I pretty much cased the Holiday Catalog for this one, but it makes a really pretty, quick, and simple Christmas card.


  • Stamps: Joyous Celebrations
  • Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Gumball Green
  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green
  • Accessories: Holiday Frame embossing folder, XL Oval Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Mini Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals

This card was really quick to make. I started off with a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4” x 5-1/4” and ran it through my Big Shot in the Holiday Frame embossing folder. This panel was adhered onto the card front.

Next I stamped the frame from Joyous Celebrations onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink. I stamped the “Joy” into the center of the oval in Gumball Green ink. I punched out the oval with the XL Oval Punch.


I ran a scrap of Gumball Green card stock through the Big Shot with the Bitty Banners Framelit to get the banner. Then I used a Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce a hole in each end of the banner and added a Mini Brad into each hole. I adhered the banner behind the oval with the greeting, then adhered this layer onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. 

Super simple! I helped my Mom make similar cards for her 2012 Christmas cards!