Monday, January 14, 2013

Widgets

Imagine Summer Starfruit

Are you ready for some Summer Starfruit? Well, ready or not, here it comes! I created this card for SCCSC148 on Stampin’ Connection.


  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Word Play, Papillion Potpourri
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Card Stock: Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Sahara Sand, Black Stazon, Versamark, Summer Starfruit
  • Accessories: Paper Snips, Pewter embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Rhinestones, Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots

Here is the sketch that was created by Liz Goldhawk: 



This card was pretty quick and simple since the main elements were from my scrap bowl. I keep a scrap bowl on my table for the pieces that I make and decide not to use on a project for whatever reason. I started off with a piece of Summer Starfruit that was cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Then I cut a piece of Sycamore Street DSP 4” x 5-1/4” and adhered it onto the card front.


You can’t really see it well in the picture, but I stamped on top of the DSP with the swirl from Everything Eleanor in the top left and bottom right corners with Summer Starfruit ink. The greeting panel was stamped with the label shape from Everything Eleanor in Sahara Sand ink. Then the greeting from Word Play was stamped onto the label in Black Stazon ink before the label shape was cut out with Paper Snips. I adhered this onto the card front.


I stamped the butterfly from Papillion Potpourri onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Versamark ink. Then I covered the stamped image with Pewter embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool. Since this lovely butterfly was sitting in my scrap bowl with the Rhinestones already on it, I wasn’t able to use the Delicate Butterfly punch. So instead I cut it out with Paper Snips and adhered it onto the corner of my label with a Glue Dot. I folded the wings up just a tiny bit to give the butterfly some dimension.


Next I cut a piece of Summer starfruit stitched satin ribbon and tied it into a bow. I adhered onto the card front just above the label using glue dots. That's it! This card was quick, easy, and it used up some of my stash.