Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Widgets

Madison Avenue Friends

I have a sketch challenge card for you today! I made this card for the SCCSC152 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection. This one shows a sneak peek of a few of the Sale-A-Bration products that you can get for FREE beginning January 22nd. Take a look!



  • Stamps: Madison Avenue
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Pool Party
  • Accessories: Window Frames Framelits, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Rhinestones, Paper Piercer, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Vine Street embossing folder


Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson:


I just LOVE this bright and fun DSP in the Sycamore Street package! I pulled the colors for this card from the DSP. I started off with a piece of Pool Party card stock that was cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Next I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the new Vine Street embossing folder. I cut a piece of DSP 1-3/4” x 5-1/2” and adhered it onto a 2” x 5-1/2” piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock before adhering it onto the card front.

Then I took a scrap of Lucky Limeade cardstock and a scrap of Whisper White card stock and ran them through the Big Shot with the Window Frames Framelits. I stamped the leaves and stems from Madison Avenue in Lucky Limeade ink onto the Whisper White label. Then I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the flower in Island Indigo and the flower center in Pool Party ink. I finally stamped the greeting onto the bottom of the label with Island Indigo ink. I adhered the stamped Whisper White label onto the Lucky Limeade label then used my Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Occasions Piercing Pack to pierce around the edge of the Lucky Limeade label.


Next I used Paper Snips to cut off the bottom rounded part of the label and adhered the label onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally, just to add a little bit of sparkle I added some medium Rhinestones into the center of the two flowers.

I just love how bright and cheerful this turned out!