Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Widgets

Birthday Presents Anyone?

Are you in need of some birthday presents? How about the ones on this card? Another sketch challenge! This one is for SCCSC140. This will make a fabulous guy’s birthday card I think. Take a look!


  • Stamps: Seasonal Sayings, Woodgrain
  • Card Stock: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Real Red
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray
  • Markers: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Daffodil Delight
  • Accessories: Argyle embossing folder, Square Lattice embossing folder, Real Red 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Baja Breeze 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Daffodil Delight 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Sponge, 2-Way Glue Pen, Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive

 Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson: 



I started off this card by cutting a piece of Basic Gray card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. I stamped the card front with the Woodgrain background stamp in Basic Gray ink. Next I cut three strips of Basic Black card stock 1/4” x 4-1/4” and adhered them onto the left side of the card front.

Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2” x 3-1/2” and adhered it onto a 3-5/8” x 2-1/8” piece of Real Red card stock before adhering it onto the card front. I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1” x 3-3/4” and stamped the greeting from Seasonal Sayings onto the card stock in Black Stazon ink. I colored in the letters of the greeting with Baja Breeze, Real Red, and Daffodil Delight markers then used Paper Snips to cut the right edge into a dove-tail shape. I curled the strip over my finger to give it some shape and adhered it onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Present time! Who doesn’t love presents? Well here is how you make these. Cut one piece of Baja Breeze card stock 1-1/4” x 1-3/8”, another piece of Baja Breeze 1-3/8” x 1-5/8”, and one piece of Daffodil Delight 1-3/4” x 1-3/4”. I ran the Baja Breeze pieces through the Big Shot in the Argyle embossing folder and sponged the edges with Baja Breeze ink. I ran the Daffodil Delight piece through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder and sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight ink.


I cut a piece of ribbon just long enough to go around each present and adhered the ends onto the back of the card stock with a little bit of SNAIL Adhesive. Then I adhered the presents on top of one another. I tied a small bow in each of the ribbon colors and adhered each bow on top of the coordinating present with a Glue Dot. The line of presents was adhered onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Cute huh? I am totally pleased with myself on this one!