Friday, January 18, 2013

Widgets

Birthday Flowers Friday Mashup 93!

It’s Friday again! That means it’s time for another Friday Mashup challenge! I had some fun with color on this one! Take a look:


  • Stamps: Wacky Wishes
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral
  • Markers: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Floral Fusion Sizzlit, In Color Designer Printed Brads, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with a "Birthday Theme".
  2. Or Make a project using "Brads".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Birthday project with some brads". 

When I saw this DSP I wondered what kind of flowers would grow on such brightly colored vines. So I made some bright flowers! I started off by cutting a piece of Pool Party card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. Next I cut a piece of Sycamore Street DSP 3” x 5-1/2” and adhered it onto a 3-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Island Indigo card stock.

I inked up the greeting stamp from Wacky Wishes with the markers so that the greeting letters matched the colors in the DSP. After all the letters were colored I breathed on the stamp to re-moisten the ink and stamped it onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock. I cut out the greeting with the Apothecary Accents Framelits. I adhered the greeting label into the center of the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Next I took scraps of Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, and Whisper White card stock and ran them through the Big Shot one at a time on the Floral Fusion Sizzlit to cut out the blossoms. I folded the petals up to give them a little bit of dimension and used some Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere the petals together. I made sure to mix up the colors on each flower. Next I placed the DSP layer onto my Stampin’ Pierce mat and placed the flowers where I wanted them to go.


I used the Paper Piercer to pierce a hole through the center of each of the flower and the DSP/Island Indigo layer. I added an In Color Designer Brad in the center of each blossom to hold them onto the card front and add another playful pattern to the mix. Then I simply adhered the panel onto the card front with lots of Anywhere Glue stick.


I just love how bright, fun, and cheerful this card is! Head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team created!