Thursday, January 17, 2013

Widgets

Sycamore Birthday

I was catching up on making cards for the Sketch Challenges on Stampin’ Connection, and now I’m catching up on getting them actually posted! Lol! Here is the card that I created for SCCSC150.


  • Stamps: Afterthoughts (retied)
  • DSP: Sycamore Street, Island Indigo
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Window Frames Framelits, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper Piercer, Silver brads


Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly! 


When I started on this card I had this scrap of Sycamore Street DSP sitting on my table that was practically begging to be used. I just love this pattern! I started off with a piece of Sahara Sand card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut three strips of Island Indigo DSP 3/4” x 4-1/4” and used Paper Snips to cut a dove-tail in one end. I adhered these onto the card front.


Next I cut the Sycamore Street DSP down to 1-3/4” x 4-1/4” and adhered it onto a 1-7/8” x 4-1/4” piece of Summer Starfruit. I adhered this panel onto the card front covering the ends of the Island Indigo DSP. Next I stamped the greeting from Afterthoughts (retired) onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Tangerine Tango ink. I cut out the greeting with a Word Window Framelit (2nd from smallest I think). I also cut a piece of Pool Party card stock with the same Word Window Framelit. I used Paper Snips to cut the pool party window frame shape in half and adhered both halves behind the Whisper White greeting window frame.


Next I placed the greeting panel onto my Stampin’ Pierce Mat and used my Paper Piercer to pierce a hole in each corner of the window frame where I added a Silver Brad in each hole. I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. That’s it! Done!