Monday, January 21, 2013

Widgets

Simple Sunflower

I have had this sunflower background image for quite some time and hadn’t even mounted it yet, much less inked it. Terrible, I know! So I finally decided to pull it out to make this card for the November Make and Take.


  • Stamps: Sunflower, Sassy Salutations
  • Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Chocolate Chip marker, Lucky Limeade Baker’s Twine, Glimmer Brad, Crop-A-Dile, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Sponge, Top Note die, water spray bottle

I started off by cutting a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Fancy Fan embossing folder to add the wonderful scalloped background. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4” x 5” and ran it through the Big Shot on the Top Note die.

I inked up the entire sunflower image with Daffodil Delight ink. Then I took the wide end of the Chocolate Chip marker and colored in just the center of the sunflower. Then I took a spray bottle filled with water and misted the air above the stamp a couple times, then stamped the image onto the card stock. I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto the top note in Lucky Limeade ink.


Next I sponged around the edges of the top note shape with Chocolate Chip ink the took a piece of Lucky Limeade Baker’s Twine and wrapped it around the top note and tied it into a bow. I used the Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the top note right under the knot in the bow. Then I took a glimmer brad and spread the prongs wide enough to go around the knot in the bow, inserted it through the hole in the top note, and spread the prongs on the back. This way the brad stays in the center of the knot. Finally I adhered the top note shape onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

This was super quick, easy, and fun!