Thursday, January 3, 2013

Widgets

Birthday Butterfly

So one of my missions during the week I was off work was to get caught up on some of the sketch challenges that I missed last fall and last month. It was so busy with trying to finish up Christmas projects, finishing up my Intermediate College Algebra class with the final exam. I got most of them done, but not all. Anyway, here is the one for this week at Stampin’ Connection. You also get a sneak peak of the new embossing folder from the Sale-A-Bration brochure and the new Tea for Two DSP in the Spring Catalog!


  • Stamps: Sassy Salutations, Papillion Potpourri
  • DSP: Tea for Two
  • Card Stock: So Saffron, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: So Saffron, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
  • Accessories: Vine Street embossing folder, Ovals Die, Delicate Butterfly Punch, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips


Here is the SCCSC151 sketch created by Liz Goldhawk! 


I started off with a piece of So Saffron card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut two strips of Tea for Two DSP. One was 1/2” x 5-1/2” and the other was 5/8” x 5-1/2”. I adhered these onto the bottom of the card stock right next to one another. Next I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto the upper right hand corner of the card front with Island Indigo ink. Then I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the new Vine Street embossing folder. After January 22nd you can get this embossing folder for FREE with a $50 merchandise purchase! There are many more fabulous new products that you can get for free too! You’ll just have to wait and see, or get the SAB brochure!


I cut another piece of Tea for Two DSP with the Ovals die (retired). I adhered this onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals. Now for the butterflies! I stamped the butterfly images from Papillion Potpourri onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Island Indigo, So Saffron, and Calypso Coral ink. I used the Delicate Butterfly punch to cut out the two larger butterflies, and Paper Snips to cut out the smaller butterfly. I folded each of the butterflies to give them some dimension and then adhered them onto the oval with Glue Dots.


I just love this new DSP and embossing folder! You will definitely be seeing more projects with these!