Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Widgets

With Love and Caring

When I was making the card I posted yesterday I couldn’t decide how I wanted to go about it. I was inspired by both sides of the Sycamore Street DSP and thought of two completely different directions to take the card. So, since I couldn’t decide, I just made both! Here is the second card that I created with the SCCSC152 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection. This one uses one of my favorite retired stamp sets!



  • Stamps: Thanks For Caring (retired)
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Card Stock: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Pool Party
  • Accessories: Window Frames Framelits, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Dazzling Details, Blender Pen, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Occasions Piercing Pack

For this card I started off with a piece of Island Indigo card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. I ran this through the Big Shot in the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  I cut a piece of Sycamore Street DSP 1-3/4” x 5-1/2” and adhered it onto a 2” x 5-1/2” piece of Whisper White card stock and adhered the layer onto the card front.

I took a scrap of Pool Party and Whisper White card stock and ran them through the Big Shot with the Window Frames framelits. I stamped the butterfly from Thanks for Caring in Island Indigo ink and the greeting in Lucky Limeade ink onto the Whisper White label. I squeezed the middle of the closed Pool Party ink pad and opened the pad half way then took my Blender Pen  and picked up a little but of the ink that was transferred onto the lid of the ink pad to lightly color in the butterfly.


I adhered the labels together then used my Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Occasions Piercing pack to pierce around the edges of both the Pool Party and Whisper White labels. Next I used Paper Snips to cut off the bottom rounded portion of the label and adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally I added a little bit of Dazzling Details onto the butterfly wings to add just a tiny bit of sparkle.

What do you think?