Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Widgets

2012 Christmas Cards!

Today I’m going to share with you my Christmas Cards for 2012! There were so many fun products that I wanted to use and I had a hard time coming up with how to use them! Take a look at the cards I made.


  • Stamps: More Merry Messages
  • DSP: Cherry Cobbler Core’dinations, Be of Good Cheer, Champagne Glimmer Paper
  • Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
  • Ink: Versamark, Garden Green
  • Accessories: Snow Flurries Die, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Gold embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, gold brads, Stmapin’ Dimensionals, Sanding block, 2-Way Glue Pen, Merry Minis Punch Pack


I started off by cutting a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-3/4” x 5”. I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler Core’dinations card stock 3-1/2” x 4-3/4”. Next I cut the striped Be of Good Cheer DSP 1-3/4”. I stamped the greeting from More Merry Messages onto the DSP in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with Gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the Heat Tool.


I adhered the DSP onto the bottom of the Cherry Cobbler card stock and then ran the layer through the Big Shot with just the card stock half of the panel inside the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. I used the sanding block to sand off the raised texture to give it that lovely shabby look.

Next I cut a strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper 1/4” x 4-3/4” and adhered it on top of the edge of the DSP. Then I adhered this layer onto the Whisper White card stock, then onto the Lucky Limeade card front.


I cut Whisper White and Lucky Limeade card stock pieces to fit the shapes on the Snow Flurries Die and ran it through the Big Shot. I used 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere the snowflakes together so they didn’t shift on me, then used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce a hole in the center of the snowflake where I added a gold brad. The snowflake was adhered onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.

On the inside I stamped the message from More Merry Messages onto the card stock in Garden Green ink. Then I used the tree punch from the Merry Minis Punch Pack on some Champagne Glimmer Paper and used 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere the little sparkly trees above my inside image.


Thankfully I only make 20 cards each year. Otherwise I would have to come up with much simpler designs. I actually have some left that I will package up and add into my Etsy store when Christmas gets close again.

What do you think?