Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Widgets

Tea For You!

This pretty card is pretty simple to make! I honestly can’t remember what month this Make and Take project is from. I’m working on getting caught up I promise! But the ladies really loved this pretty and frilly card.


  • Stamps: Tea Shoppe (retired)
  • DSP: Tea for Two (retired)
  • Card Stock: So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Island Indigo
  • Ink: Island Indigo, So Saffron, Crumb Cake
  • Accessories: Elegant Lines embossing folder (retired), Perfect Pennants Die, 1-3/4” Circle Punch, Stampin’ Sponge, Sycamore Street Ribbon (retired SAB), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, 2-Way Glue Pen


For this lacy looking card I started off with a piece of So Saffron card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3-3/4” x 5”. Then I cut a piece of Tea for Two DSP 2-3/4” x 3-1/2” and sponged around all the edges with Crumb Cake ink and a Stampin’ Sponge. I adhered the DSP onto the bottom of the Very Vanilla card stock then ran this panel through the Big Shot in the Elegant Lines embossing folder. I wrapped a piece of Island Indigo ribbon around the panel, tied it into a knot, and then adhered the layer onto the card front.


Next up I stamped the tea cup from the Tea Shoppe stamp set onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in So Saffron ink. Then I stamped the greeting just below the tea cup in Island Indigo ink. I punched out the tea cup and greeting with the 1-3/4” Circle punch. I cut a piece of Island Indigo card stock 2-3/4” x 2-3/4” and ran it through the Big Shot on the Perfect Pennants Die to cut out the smaller of the two doily shapes. I adhered the greeting circle into the center of the Island Indigo doily, and then adhered this piece onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Finally I used the four petal flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack on a scrap of Island Indigo card stock and adhered the flower onto the stamped tea cup with 2-Way Glue Pen then added a small Rhinestone jewel into the center of the flower.


There are a lot of steps to this card, but overall it really isn’t hard and looks really pretty!