Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Widgets

Oh Happy Day!

Here is another fun and quick card from the May Make and Take! I just HAD to use Oh Whale! I was kind of in a hurry and short on ideas, so I just cased one of my own cards and switched up the colors. 


  • Stamps: Oh Whale! (retired), Friendly Phrases (retired)
  • DSP: Polka Dot Parade
  • Card Stock: Bashful Blue (retired), Whisper White
  • Ink: Bashful Blue (retired), Night of Navy
  • Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Happy Whale Clearlits Die, 1/4” Night of Navy Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Dazzling Details


For this card I started off with a 4-1/4” x 11” piece of Bashful Blue card stock and scored it at 5-1/2”. I stamped the greeting from Friendly Phrases into the top right corner of the card front in Night of Navy ink. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-1/4” x 4” and punched one of the long sides with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. Then I cut a piece of Polka Dot Parade DSP 2-3/4” x 4” and adhered it onto the Whisper White card stock. I adhered this layer onto the card front then wrapped a piece of Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot.


Next up I stamped the alphabet spray just above the Whisper White/DSP layer in Bashful Blue ink. I stamped the whale from Oh Whale! Onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Night of Navy ink then cut it out in the Big Shot with the Happy Whale clearlit die. I saved the heart that the die also cut out.


I adhered the whale onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional after adding a Rhinestone jewel for the eye. I cut a Stampin’ Dimensional in half and adhered the heart above the spray. Finally, I just had to add some sparkle somewhere, I added some Dazzling Details onto the swirls of the spray and the popped up heart.


Simple, bright, and fun!