Monday, July 8, 2013

Widgets

Eleanor Dress

More fun with the triple time stamping technique! I know. I’ve been using this technique a lot, but I just love the effect! Take a look at this fun card that combines the Dress Up Framelits and the Everything Eleanor stamp set.


  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Loving Thoughts
  • Card Stock: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana
  • Ink: Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush
  • Accessories: Essentials Piercing Pack, Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Dress Up Framelits, Dazzling Details, Silver Glimmer Paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Basic Gray Marker, 2-Way Glue Pen, Glue Dots


For this fun and frilly card I started off with a piece of Strawberry Slush card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4” x 5-1/4” and adhered it onto the card front.

I cut a piece of Coastal Cabana card stock 2-3/4” x 3-1/2” and ran it through the Big Shot with the wavy edged Dress Up Framelit. I applied a couple lines of 2-Way Glue Pen onto the backside of the dress and let the glue dry until it was clear. Then I adhered the dress onto the Whisper White card stock where I wanted it and stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor onto the card front in Coastal Cabana ink. I wanted to make sure the swirl started on the dress and continued out onto the card front. I pulled the dress off the card front and set it aside for now.

I used My Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Essentials Piercing Pack to pierce three rows of scallops on the bottom of the card front. Then I stamped the greeting from Loving Thoughts onto the card front in Strawberry Slush ink just above the pierced scallops.


Next I cut a piece of Smoky Slate card stock 2” x 4-1/4” and ran it through the Big Shot with the dress form framelit. I adhered the dress onto the dress form. I took my Basic Gray marker and used the fine point end to draw a necklace on the dress form and added a medium rhinestone onto the center of the necklace. I had a narrow piece of Silver Glimmer Paper lying on my table so I adhered that to the waistline of the dress and used Paper Snips to trim the Glimmer Paper even with the edge of the dress card stock.

I wanted to add a flower onto the waistband of the dress so I used the four-petal flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and punched out two flowers. I adhered the flowers together with 2-Way Glue Pen, added a small Rhinestone into the center, folded up the petals, then adhered it onto the dress with a Glue Dot.


Finally I adhered the dress form onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals and added some Dazzling Details onto the swirls on the Whisper White card stock. I just love how this turned out! What do you think?