Thursday, July 4, 2013

Widgets

Hello Wisteria!

Today I have a lovely card to share with you that my guests made at the April Make and Take. I absolutely LOVE this card! Take a look and tell me what you think!


  • Stamps: Oh Hello!
  • DSP: Wisteria Wonder
  • Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade
  • Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
  • Accessories: 5/8” Flower Trim (retired), Bird Punch, Ovals Framelits, Large Rhinestones, Sponge Dauber, Honeycomb embossing folder, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals , Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive


This card is so fast and easy to put together! I started off with a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Honeycomb embossing folder to add some fun pattern. Love those hexagons! Next I cut a piece of text pattern Wisteria Wonder DSP 1-1/2” x 3-1/2”. I also cut a piece of polka dot Wisteria Wonder DSP 1” x 3”. I cut one end of both strips into a dove-tail shape with my Paper Snips and adhered the two banners together.


Then I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3” x 4”. I stamped the chevron oval from Oh Hello onto the card stock in Wisteria Wonder ink. I stamped the greeting on top of the oval in Elegant Eggplant ink, and then used the Oval Framelit to run it through the Big Shot to cut out the oval. I adhered the layered banners behind the oval. This layer was adhered onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Next I cut three flowers off the wonderful 5/8” Flower Trim that was in the Spring Catalog. I used a sponge dauber to dab a little bit of Elegant Eggplant ink onto the tops of the flowers. I punched two branches from Lucky Limeade card stock with the Bird Punch then adhered the branches and flowers onto the oval with some Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.

To finish it off I added a Large Rhinestone right next to the greeting. Every card has to have a little bit of sparkle, or in this case, a big bit of sparkle!