Friday, July 19, 2013

Widgets

Butterfly Muse Non Winning Artisan Entry 4

This is my fourth card entry in the Artisan contest. I played around with woodgrain and a beautiful butterfly!


  • Stamps: Woodgrain, Papillion Potpourri, Loving Thoughts
  • Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Black Stazon
  • Accessories: Woodgrain embossing folder, Elegant Butterfly punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Whisper White Organza ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper-Piercing tool, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Dazzling Details


I started off by cutting a piece of Midnight Muse card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Woodgrain embossing folder.


I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3” x3” and adhered onto the card front centered in the width and closer to the top of the card.

Next I cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 2-3/4” x 4”. I stamped the Woodgrain background image onto the Crumb Cake card stock in Crumb Cake ink. Then I stamped the greeting from Loving Thoughts onto the bottom of the card stock in Midnight Muse ink. I adhered this layer onto a 3” x 4-1/4” piece of Whisper White card stock.  


I used my Decorative Label punch to punch through both layers of Crumb Cake and Whisper White card stock. I just pushed the card stock all the way into the punch and centered the punch in the width of card stock. Then I used my Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack to pierce around the decorative label shape. I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Organza ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot, then cut the ribbon ends into a Dove-tail shape.  I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Now for that pretty butterfly! I stamped the butterfly image from Papillion Potpourri onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Stazon ink. I used a sponge dauber to sponge on some Pool Party ink, then I sponged on some Midnight Muse ink just on the very top edges of the butterfly. This creates a really pretty faded look to the color. I punched out the butterfly with my Delicate Butterfly punch and adhered the butterfly inside the Decorative Label cut out with a Glue Dot. Finally, just to add some sparkle, I scribbled on some Dazzling Details onto both of the butterflies wings.


I loved this card so much that I went with the same layout for some of my Convention swaps!