Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Widgets

Sweet Sassie Non Winning Artisan Entry 8

Today I have for you the final scrapbook page that I made. This page features one of my sweet little dogs Sassie. She is a miniature dachshund and sweet as can be!

  • Stamps: Hello Doily
  • DSP: Tea for Two, More Amore, Comfort Cafe
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Early Espresso
  • Ink: Daffodil Delight
  • Accessories: Typeset Alphabet Dies, Small Heart Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Silver Glimmer Paper, Melon Mambo Marker, sewing machine, white thread, 2-Way Glue Pen


I started off with a 12” x 12” piece of very Vanilla card stock. I cut a piece of So Saffron card stock 11-7/8” x 11-7/8” and stamped the Hello Doily image all over the card stock in Daffodil Delight ink. Then I adhered this layer onto the Very Vanilla card stock.


Next I cut a piece of More Amore DSP 5-1/4” x 12” and adhered it onto a 5-3/8” x 12” piece of Early Espresso card stock before adhering it onto the left side of the page.

Then I cut a piece of Melon Mambo 2” x 4-1/2”, Comfort CafĂ© DSP 1-1/4” x 4”, and Tea for Two DSP 1” x 3-1/2”. I use Paper Snips to cut a dove-tail in one end. I adhered these onto the More Amore DSP strip by putting a Stampin’ Dimensional close to the dove-tail end and Anywhere Glue Stick at the top edge of the page. Then I ran this through my sewing machine to add the zig-zag stitches. I trimmed the stitches off on the back and applied a little bit of Crystal Effects over the thread ends to keep them in place.


I cut both photos down to 5” x 7” and adhered them onto a 5-1/4” x 7-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Both photos were adhered directly onto the page with Anywhere Glue Stick.

I cut out the word “SWEET” from Early Espresso card stock and adhered them onto the page with 2-Way Glue Pen. Then I repeated the process to cut out the name “SASSIE” from Silver Glimmer Paper and adhered the letters onto the page. I really love how the letters overlap in the center.


Then I used my Melon Mambo marker to add in the journaling. I made a bit of a spelling mistake about half –way down so I covered it up with a layered heart punched from the Owl Builder Punch and the Small Heart punch in Silver Glimmer Paper and Melon Mambo card stock. I adhered the heart on with half a Stampin’ Dimensional. 


I really love this page. I am definitely going to have to make another to put in my scrapbook!