Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Widgets

Ombre Doily Non Winning Artisan Entry 1

Maybe my card projects were just too simple? I've noticed that they all have a pretty simple layout and design. Who knows… But this card is definitely one of my absolute favorites.


  • Stamps: Bring on the Cake
  • DSP: Basic Gray
  • Card Stock: Basic Gray, Whisper White
  • Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Melon Mambo, Versamark
  • Accessories: Paper Doily Sizzlit, Sponge Daubers, Heat Tool, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Argyle embossing folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Basics Glimmer Brads, Rich Razzleberry Stitched Satin Ribbon, Apothecary Accents Framelits


I started off with a 4-1/4” x 11” piece of Basic Gray card stock and scored it at 5-1/5”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. I cut a piece of Basic Gray text DSP 3-1/2” x 3-7/8” and adhered it onto the bottom of the Whisper White card stock. Then I ran the card stock through the Big Shot with just the top of the Whisper White card stock inside the Argyle embossing folder. I adhered this panel onto the card front with Anywhere Glue Stick.

For the doily I started off with a 6” x 6” piece of Whisper White card stock. I used a sponge dauber to sponge a circle of Melon Mambo ink then sponged Raspberry Ripple ink inside the Melon Mambo circle. This gives you the ombre look. I cut the doily out by running the card stock through the Big Shot with the Paper Doily Sizzlit. I wanted to add some sparkle to the doily so I pressed the Versamark ink pad directly on top of the doily several times to cover the doily with ink. Then I sprinkled on some Iridescent Ice embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my heat tool.


I cut the doily not quite in half and adhered the doily onto the card with just a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals on the straight cut edge of the doily.

Next I wrapped a piece of Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin ribbon around the card front and adhered the ends onto the center of the card front with a couple Glue Dots.


I stamped the greeting from Bring on the Cake onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Raspberry Ripple ink. I cut out the greeting in the Big Shot with the Apothecary Accents label. I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to add a hole in each end of the label and added a silver Glimmer Brad in the pierced holes. I adhered the label onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Pretty simple and pretty sparkly too!