Saturday, July 20, 2013

Widgets

Bright Flower Non Winning Artisan Entry 5

This is my final card entry for the Artisan contest. I really wanted to showcase the Triple-Time Stamping concept. So This is the card I created!


  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, From my Heart
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo 
  • Accessories: Blossom Punch, Stamping Sponges, Paper Snips, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 5/8” Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Designer Vintage Faceted Buttons, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Bone Folder, 2-Way Glue Pen


I started off by cutting a piece of Whisper White card stock 5-1/2” X 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I cut another piece of Whisper White card stock 3” x 4-1/4”. I put three lines of 2-Way Glue Pen onto the back of the Whisper White card stock, allowed the glue to dry until it was clear, then adhered it onto the center of the card front. I stamped the Swirls from Everything Eleanor onto the card front in Lucky Limeade ink so the swirls start at the top right corner and trial down to the bottom left corner.


I pulled up the small piece of Whisper White card stock off the card front and adhered it onto a 3-1/8” x 4-1/8” piece of Lucky Limeade card stock. I stamped the greeting from From my Heart onto the bottom right corner of the Whisper White panel in Melon Mambo ink. Then I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Organza ribbon around the card front and tied it into a bow. I adhered this layer onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

For the flower I used my Blossom Punch to punch three flowers from Pink Pirouette card stock. I sponged the edges of all three flowers with Melon Mambo ink. The bottom two flowers I just curled the petals with my bone folder and adhered them one on top of the other. For the third flower I cut a slit between two of the petals towards the center. I applied some Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive onto one petal next to the slit and adhered it behind the petal on the other side of the slit making this flower slightly smaller than the other two. I cut the point off the center of the flower with Paper Snips and used more Liquid Glue to adhere this flower onto the other two.


I used the 3/8” circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack on a scrap of So Saffron card stock. I placed this in the center of the flower on the glue that was exposed. Then I used a Glue Dot to adhere one of the smaller Vintage Designer Faceted Buttons into the center of the flower. The So Saffron circle covers up the glue in the center and shows a pretty yellow center behind the shiny button. Then I simply adhered the flower onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


That’s it! This card definitely wouldn’t fit in an envelope, but it is so pretty! I just love that pop of pink against the white layers!