Saturday, July 13, 2013

Widgets

Handmade Gift Exchange

I recently participated in the Handmade Gift Exchange over at Craftaholics Anonymous (www.craftaholicsanonymous.net) It’s basically like a secret santa that you send through the mail. You get paired up with someone, ask them some questions, and make them a gift or two.

So after a few questions I decided that I was going to make my exchange partner something for the wall. First I picked up this picture frame from Wal-Mart, took out the glass, and etched the word “Family” on the glass. That’s all I did with the frame. I figured that Becky could add a photo or just some pretty paper in the frame to fit what she wants. I probably should have moved the word down lower to take up less space in the picture portion of the frame, but it would look just as wonderful on a wall with some dark pretty paper behind it.



The second gift I created was a 16” x 20” canvas that I painted with turquoise, silver, red, and a little green paint. I posted this photo on my Facebook page while the paint was still drying. There is even some turquoise glitter in the paint.



Then I made a stencil and painted the words on in white with an ombre effect on the word Creative. The bottom half of “Creative” is covered with turquoise glitter. Then I masked off the inside of the canvas and painted a “frame” of turquoise around the sides of the canvas just to clean it up a little.



I really love how this painting turned out! I think I might have to make one with some different colors for my craft room… after I do the one that was commissioned by my sister that is!

The final gift I made was a very simple pair of earrings with turquoise colored drops. Not even really worth taking a picture of. Besides the fact that I made them then tossed them in a bag and had to run out the door so I wasn't late for work. I kind of procrastinated a little bit on completing these projects. There has just be SO much going on this summer!

Now I would also like to share the fabulous gifts that I received from this exchange.

First was this lovely Chrysanthemum mirror. I've been wanting to make one of these for my craft room and had never gotten around to it. Now I have a lovely blue one!


Then I also received this lovely snowflake necklace and adorable owl earrings that I've already worn several times!


Thank you so much for my lovely gifts Becky!

If you would like to see some of the other handmade gifts that were exchanged click HERE