Friday, July 5, 2013

Widgets

My Favorite Things!

It’s Friday again! I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July! It’s time for the Friday Mashup challenge again. This week Amy is challenging us to play Tic-Tac-Toe and use some of our favorite things. 


  • Stamps: Pleasant Poppies, Papillion Potpourri, Friendly Phrases (retired)
  • Card Stock: Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Whisper White
  • Ink: Stazon, Soft Sky
  • Markers: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pear Pizzaz, Blender Pen, Pool Party, Strawberry Slush
  • Accessories: Ovals Framelits, Occasions Piercing Pack, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Pearls, Glue Dots, Whisper White Organza ribbon, 2-Way Glue Pen, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat



Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using a "line from the grid".
  2. Create a project with a "few of your Favorite things ( Stamps & Colors)".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project using the "Tic Tac Toe grid with a few of your Favorite Things".
I obviously chose to go with the pearls, butterflies, and coloring option. I absolutely love to color. It's so relaxing and calming for me. I also really love butterflies and bling! 

I started off by cutting a piece of Soft Sky card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I used the second from smallest Ovals framelit on a scrap of Whisper White card stock. I applied a couple lines of 2-Way Glue Pen onto the Whisper White circle, allowed the glue to dry until it was clear, and adhered it onto the card front. I stamped the Pleasant Poppies image onto the card front in Black Stazon ink. Then I pulled up the Whisper White oval off the card front.

I colored in the poppies on the oval by coloring in the shadows with my Strawberry Slush marker, then coloring over the entire flower with my Crisp Cantaloupe marker. The stems were colored in with Pear Pizzaz. Next I dropped a single drop of Soft Sky ink onto an old empty stamp case and used my Blender Pen to pick up just a tiny bit of ink to add a light blue shadow next to each of the flowers.


I used the third from smallest Oval framelit on a scrap of Basic Gray card stock. Then I used my Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Occasions Piercing Pack to pierce the holes around the edge of the oval. I adhered the colorful stamped oval onto the Basic Gray oval. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White organza ribbon, wrapped it around the card front, and tied it into a knot. Then I adhered the oval onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I wanted the greeting to be really subtle, so I stamped the image from Friendly Phrases (sadly retired) into the upper right hand corner of the card front in Soft Sky ink. As an afterthought I decided to add a little bit of shadow to the flowers stamped on the card base. So I used my Pool Party marker to add in those shadows.


Finally I stamped the small butterfly onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Stazon ink. I colored in the butterfly with my Pool Party marker and Blender Pen with Soft Sky ink. I punched out the butterfly with the Petite Butterfly Punch and added three small Pearls into the center of the butterfly. I so wanted to reach for rhinestones for this card, but I stuck with the pearls for the challenge. I adhered the butterfly onto the edge of the oval with a Glue Dot.


That’s it! So soft and pretty!