Monday, July 22, 2013

Widgets

Flying Non Winning Artisan Entry 7

This scrapbook page has a log going on. It features my hubby and his dream of being a pilot. This is the second scrapbook page that I entered in the Artisan Award Contest.


  • Stamps: Word Play
  • DSP: Basic Black, Midnight Muse, Comfort Cafe
  • Card Stock: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
  • Ink: Basic Black, Midnight Muse, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Pool Party, Versamark
  • Accessories: Stamping Sponges, Brayer, Silver Basic Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Silver embossing powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, 3/16” Metallic Brads, Midnight Muse Marker

I started off with a 12” x 12” piece of Basic Black card stock. I cut a piece of the Basic Black text DSP from the Neutrals DSP Stack 11-7/8” x 11-7/8”. I sponged around the edges with Basic Black ink and adhered it onto the Basic Black card stock. 

Next I cut a piece of Midnight Muse card stock 1-1/4” x124” and sponged one edge with Night of Navy ink. I adhered this strip onto a 1-3/8” x 12” piece of Basic Gray card stock, then adhered this layer onto a 3” x 12” piece of Basic Black card stock. Finally this strip was adhered in the center of the scrapbook page.


The upper right photo was 5” x 7” and was adhered onto a 5-1/8” x 7-1/8” piece of Midnight Muse card stock. I adhered this one directly onto the scrapbook page. On the left side I cut a piece of Midnight Muse DSP 7/8” x 4” and adhered it onto a 1” x 4-1/8” piece of Summer Starfruit card stock. I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce three holes on the left side of the DSP and added three Silver Brads. I adhered this onto the page with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Directly below the DSP was a photo that was cut at 3-7/8” x 3-7/8” and adhered onto a 4” x 4” piece of Pool Party card stock then was adhered onto the scrapbook page.

I cut a piece of Comfort CafĂ© DSP 2” x 6-1/8”. I added my journaling to this piece in Midnight Muse ink then adhered this onto a 2-1/8” x 6-1/4” piece of Whisper White card stock before adhering it onto the scrapbook page.


Next I cut a 2” x 3” piece of Whisper White card stock. I wanted to mimic the sky in the top picture so I brayered on some Pool Party, then Tempting Turquoise, then Pacific Point ink to create the fade. I allowed that to dry completely then stamped the image from Word Play onto the card stock in Versamark ink, covered it with Silver embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool. I adhered this onto a 2-1/8” x 3-1/8” piece of Summer Starfruit card stock then adhered this onto the scrapbook page with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

The bottom two photos were cut at 4” x 5”. I adhered one on Summer Starfruit and one on Pool Party that was cut at 4-1/8” x 5-1/8”. The left was adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the right was adhered directly onto the scrapbook page with Anywhere Glue Stick.


Finally I wanted to fill in the blank space on the center stripe so I added some linen thread in one of the large Silver Buttons and tied it into a bow. I adhered the button onto the page with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


This page definitely took quite a bit of time to create. But I think it presents my hubby’s dream so perfectly!