Thursday, September 27, 2012

Widgets

Starfruit Thank You

I guess I’ve been in the mood to make “Thank You” cards lately. Maybe that’s a hint that I need to send them more. This card I created for the SCCSC138 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection. Take a look:
  

  • Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, French Foliage, Woodgrain
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
  • DSP: Comfort Café
  • Ink: Summer Starfruit, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
  • Accessories: Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, Window Frames Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glimmer Brads
Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly:


This card was quick and fun! I started off with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Crumb Cake card stock and scored it at 4-1/4”. Then I stamped the Woodgrain background image onto the card front in Crumb Cake ink. This just gives a nice subtle background pattern to the card. Next I cut three pieces of Comfort Café DSP 3/4” x 3-3/4”. I adhered these strips onto the right side of the card front. Then I wrapped a piece of Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin ribbon around the card front and tied it into a bow.

Next I grabbed a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and stamped the leaf from French Foliage onto the card stock in Summer Starfruit ink. I stamped the greeting from Blooming with Kindness on top of the leaf in Early Espresso ink. Then I cut out the greeting with the label from the Apothecary Accents Framelits. I used the second smallest Window Frames framelit on a scrap of Early Espresso card stock to cut out the mat.

I adhered the stamped Very Vanilla label onto the Early Espresso window frame. Then I used the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer, and Stampin’ Pierce mat to add the pierced holes around the Early Espresso window frame shape. I adhered this layer onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


Finally I used the Paper Piercer again to add the three holes in the upper left hand corner of the card front and added a gold Glimmer Brad into each hole. The gold Glimmer Brad doesn’t look too far off from the Summer Starfruit color. That’s it!