Thursday, September 6, 2012

Widgets

Quadruple Time Stamping!

I have seen so many beautiful cards in online galleries and Pinterest that are made with the Triple Time Stamping technique that you can find HERE. When Susie posted this sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to do! My version of Triple Time Stamping, but since it’s actually four panels I guess it’s Quadruple Time Stamping!  Enough rambling….here is the card I made:

  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Lovely and Lacy
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
  • Ink: Sahara Sand, Midnight Muse, Black Stazon
  • Markers: Calypso Coral, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: 2-Way Glue Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Mini Brads, Pearls, Crystal Effects


Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson:


It was a little complicated to figure out the sizes I wanted to use for this, but I’ll make it easy for you and give you the dimensions! I started off by cutting a piece of Sahara Sand card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the swirl image from Everything Eleanor onto the card front in Sahara Sand just to give it some pattern in the background.

Next I cut four pieces of Whisper White card stock as follows; 1-7/8” x 5-1/8”, 1-7/8” x 3-7/8”, 1-7/8” x 2-3/8”, and 1-7/8” x 1-7/8”. I applied a little bit of 2-Way Glue Pen onto the back of each layer and allowed the glue to dry until it was clear then I adhered the layers together. I stamped the swirl image all over the card stock in Sahara Sand ink. I stamped the flower all over in Midnight Muse ink. I stamped the greeting from Lovely and Lacy in Black Stazon ink on the smallest panel. After all the stamping was done I carefully pulled apart the layers.

I cut four pieces of Midnight Muse card stock as follows: 2” x 5-1/4”, 2” x 4”, 2” x 2-1/2”, and 2” x 2”. I adhered the stamped Whisper White panels onto the coordinating sized Midnight Muse panel. I adhered the largest panel straight onto the card front. I adhered the middle two layers together, then adhered it onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally I adhered the smallest panel with one layer of Stampin’ Dimensionals on the left side, and two layers of Stampin’ Dimensionals on the right side so it was popped up of the middle panel and straight. Does that make sense? Clear as mud?


I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce three holes in both the upper left and lower right corners of the card front and added a Mini Brad in each hole. I wanted to add a pop of color with a flower so I stamped the flower image from Everything Eleanor onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Black Stazon ink. I colored in the flower with my Calypso Coral marker and Blender Pen, then cut out the shape with Paper Snips. I applied several Pearls onto the stamens of the flower then coated the entire thing in Crystal Effects. It looked really pretty before the Crystal Effects, but it looks awesome with the shiny surface! I adhered the flower onto the card front with another Stampin’ Dimensional.


This is one really dimensional card with all those layers popped up, and I love it. I don’t think I’ll be sending it through the mail though.

Have you tried out the Triple Time Stampin’ technique? If not you definitely should, it’s lots of fun and results in an amazing card!