Saturday, September 15, 2012

Widgets

Wedding Present

Some friends of my husband and mine were married last weekend. The ceremony and reception were so nice. They didn’t have a wedding registry and wouldn’t give us a hint as to what they wanted. So I thought back to when my husband and I got married. I tried to come up with something that I would have really liked to have gotten, but did not. What came to mind you ask? Picture frames! Not the little collage ones, but some nice big picture frames for maybe an 8 x 10 or 11 x 14.

So I found these nice simple black frames from Walmart that could work for either size photo depending on if you used the mat or not, but I wanted to make it a little more personalized. So I used my Cameo to cut a vinyl stencil, applied the vinyl onto the glass, and used some etching cream to etch the glass.

The first one has their names and wedding date.




The second has simply “Together Forever”.



They came out fabulous if I do say so myself. In fact I’m going to make one for myself with one of our wedding photos in it! I really love how it turned out! I have not spoken to them since the wedding, so I really hope they liked it.

I’m thinking of adding something like this to my Etsy shop. Do you think they would sell well?