Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Widgets

Lucky Birthday Owl

I have the final card from the August Make and Take to share with you today! This one uses the adorable Owl punch and lots of chevrons! Take a look:


  • Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
  • DSP: Summer Smooches, Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Card Stock: Basic Grey, Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
  • Ink: Black Stazon
  • Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen, Owl Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Neutrals Brads


For this fun birthday card I started off with a piece of Basic Grey card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Summer Smooches DSP 2-1/2” x 4-1/2” and adhered it onto a 2-5/8” x 4-5/8” piece of Basic Black card stock. This was adhered onto the card front.

Then I cut a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock 1-3/4” x 3”. I stamped the greeting from Itty Bitty Banners onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Black Stazon ink. I cut out the shape by running the card stock through the big shot with the Bitty Banners Framelits. This was adhered onto the bottom of the Lucky Limeade card stock.

Next up was the owl. I used the Owl punch to punch the body from Basic Grey card stock. The eyes were from Whisper White, Sahara Sand, and Basic Black card stock. The belly was from a scrap of the background DSP  and finally Silver Glimmer paper was used for the heart. All the pieces were adhered together with a 2-Way Glue Pen.


The owl was adhered onto the Lucky Limeade card stock with a Stampin’ Dimensional. The panel was adhered onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce the three holes in the lower right hand corner of the card front. I added a Black brad into each hole.

That’s it! Cute and relatively fast to put together? It’s been a while since I’ve pulled out my Owl punch. Have you used the Owl punch recently?