Friday, September 7, 2012

Widgets

Thinking of You

I have another sketch card for you! This one is for the SCCSC135 Sketch Challenge on Stampin’ Connection. Take a look:


  • Stamps: Sassy Salutations
  • Card Stock: Early Espresso, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
  • DSP: Midnight Muse, Candlelight Christmas, Champagne Glimmer Paper
  • Ink: Versamark, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Tempting Turquoise embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Chevron embossing folder, Sponge Dauber, Antique Brads, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Stampin’ Dimensionals


Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly:


I started off by cutting a piece of Early Espresso card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Chevron embossing folder to give it some texture and pattern. You can’t really see it well in the photo though. Next I cut a piece of Midnight Muse striped DSP 1-7/8” x 4-7/8”.

I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto the left side of the DSP in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Tempting Turquoise embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the Heat Tool. After the embossing cooled off I used a Sponge Dauber and Midnight Muse ink to sponge around the greeting to make the letters pop out more.  I adhered this onto a 2” x 5” piece of Midnight Muse card stock then adhered the panel onto the card front.


For the second panel I cut a piece of Candlelight Christmas DSP 1-7/8” x 3-3/8” and adhered it onto a 2” x 3-1/2” piece of Summer Starfruit card stock. I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce a hole in the card stock and added one Antique Brad. I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I ran a scrap of Champagne Glimmer paper through the Big Shot on the Little Leaves Sizzlit.

Tip: when die cutting Glimmer Paper with one of the thin dies put the die blade against the paper side of the Glimmer Paper. This helps you get cleaner die cut lines with the Glimmer Paper.


I adhered the glimmery leaves onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals on all but one leaf. On the remaining leaf and stem I applied 2-Way Glue Pen and stuck the stem of the leaf under the brad while I was adhering it in place.

Do you have any Glimmer Paper tips? I’d love learn more!