Friday, September 7, 2012

Widgets

Apple For Teacher Friday Mashup 75

It’s Friday! That means there is another Friday Mashup Challenge! Take a look at the card I made:


  • Stamps: Apple Blossoms (retired), En Francais
  • Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
  • Ink: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Black Marker, Stampin’ Sponge, XL Heart Punch, Bird Punch, Paper Snips, Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a "Back to School" themed project.
  2. Or Make a project with "Sewing".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Back to School project with Sewing". 

I started off by cutting a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I used the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack to pierce holes around the sides and bottom of the card front. Then I used the fine point of my Basic Black marker to connect the dots and create faux stitching. Next I stamped the apple image from Apple Blossoms onto the card front several times in Cherry Cobbler ink.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1-3/4” x 5-1/2” and stamped the apple image across it in Daffodil Delight ink. I stamped the greeting in Cherry Cobbler ink onto the right side of the stamped Whisper White card stock. I adhered this onto a 2” x 5-1/2” piece of Daffodil Delight card stock. I wrapped a piece of Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon around the left side of the panel and tied it into a knot.  This panel was adhered onto the top portion of the card front.

Now for the cute little apple! I stamped a couple scrap pieces of Whisper White card stock with En Francais in Black Stazon ink. Then I used the XL Heart Punch to punch out 10 hearts. I sponged the bottom 2/3 of each heart edge with Cherry Cobbler ink and sponged the top 1/3 with Lucky Limeade ink. Then I folded each heart in half and glued the halves back to back until you have all ten hearts glued together. Similar to what I did in THIS tutorial.


Find the middle of the half accordion of hearts and fold it out and use Paper Snips to cut off just a little bit of the point of heart so it looks more like an apple. Then take your Cherry Cobbler sponge and sponge the bottom edges. I had some punched leaves left over from something else in my scrap bin, so I glued those onto the card front for the apple stem and leaves. Then I just glued the two remaining un-stamped sides of the accordion heart onto the card front with some Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.

That’s it! Although this card may not easily go through the mail, it is still a great one that you can hand to that special teacher. Now I just have one problem…. I don’t have any kids and don’t know any teachers. Anyone want the perfect card for a teacher???

Head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team created and to play along!