Friday, February 19, 2016

Widgets

Flying Birthday

This card uses one of my absolute favorite stamp sets from Sale-A-Bration. Unfortunately this set is no longer available, however, if you order quickly it may still let it add the set to your cart as your rewards! I just submitted an order this morning and it still let me add these limited time only SAB items. So if you hurry you may still be able to get this fantastic stamp set! 

To see the full Sale-A-Bration catalog click HERE. To see the brand new limited time only Sale-A-Bration items click HERE. I'm personally loving the glitter tap and the bicycle stamp set...

To start shopping and start earning these awesome FREE items just click HERE

The reason I love this set??? Well, first off it's just plain awesome (pun intended). Second, my husband is a private pilot and this is PERFECT for cards for him! 


  • Tip Top Taupe Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Very Vanilla Cardstock 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
  • Basic Black Cardstock 4-1/8" x 2-7/8"
  • Very Vanilla Cardstock 4" x 2-3/4"
  • Stamps: Sky is the Limit
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede
  • Accessories: World Traveler Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, Crumb Cake Marker
As per usual I started off with folding the Tip Top Taupe cardstock on the score line. Next I ran the large piece of Very Vanilla cardstock through the Big Shot in the World Traveler Embossing Folder. To make the cardstock look old I used a Sponge Dauber with Soft Suede ink to highlight the raised embossing and sponged lighter in the recessed areas just to make it look aged. This panel was glued onto the card front with Glue Stick. 

On the small piece of Very Vanilla cardstock I stamped the plane and smoke trail image from Sky is the Limit onto the cardstock in Early Espresso ink. The greeting was stamped in Soft Suede ink. Then I used the Sponge Dauber just like I did before to sponge along the edges and all over the cardstock to make it look old. 

The fuselage of the plane was colored in with a Crumb Cake marker to make it stand out more. This piece was glued with Glue Stick and adhered onto the Basic Black cardstock. The layered panel was adhered to the card front with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.