Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Widgets

Hip Hip Hooray

I had a request for a St. Patrick's Day card. But St. Patrick's Day isn't really something everyone sends a card out for. So I used the Balloon Celebration bundle to make a card that works for a birthday or for St. Patrick's Day. Whichever you choose to use it for...



  • Smoky Slate Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Stamps: Balloon Celebration, Perfect Pairings
  • Ink: Jet Black Stazon ink, Cucumber Crush, Whisper White Craft Ink
  • Accessories: Balloon Bouquet Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Cucumber Crush cardstock scraps, Whisper White cardstock scraps. 

For starters I folded the Smoky Slate cardstock on the score line. Then I stamped the small cloud image all over the top of the card front in Whisper White Craft Ink. Next I stamped the greeting from Perfect Pairings in the lower right hand corner of the card front in Cucumber Crush ink. Finally I stamped the balloon strings in the lower left corner of the card front in Jet Black Stazon ink.


Now for lots and lots of balloon fun. I stamped the large and small solid balloon image onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock in Cucumber Crush ink. I stamped the large and small balloon outlines onto scraps of Cucumber Crush cardstock in Jet Black Stazon ink. Next I stamped the shadow images for the balloons inside the outlines in Cucumber Crush ink.

All the balloons were punched out with the Balloon Bouquet punch and were glued onto the card front with a combination of glue stick and Stampin' Dimensionals.


For the inside I stamped one single balloon string and the large balloon out line in Jet Black Stazon ink. Then I stamped the solid balloon image in Cucumber Crush ink.

Lots and lots of stamping on this one, but overall not that difficult.