Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Widgets

Enjoy the Little Things

I had a little extra time to play in the craft room after making the Make & Take samples a couple weeks ago. So I decided to play along with the latest Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge at Craft Project Central. Except I challenged myself even more by using only scraps that I had already lying on my table from the Make & Take prep. A little fun and creativity while cleaning up! 



Here is the sketch that I started off with and the list of supplies used.

056


  • Pool Party Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Go Wild DSP 1-1/2" x 5" 
  • Silver Glimmer Paper 1/4" x 5-1/2"
  • Basic Black Cardstock 2" x 3-3/4"
  • Stamps: Enjoy the Little Things, Papillion Potpourri, Hardwood 
  • Ink: Whisper White Craft, Jet Black Stazon, Lost Lagoon
  • Accessories: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Ornate Tag Topper Punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Vellum Cardstock, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, 2-Way Glue Pen, Silver Baker's Twine

First off I folded the Pool Party cardstock on the score line and stamped the "Enjoy the Little Things" image into the lower right hand corner of the card front in Lost Lagoon ink.

This saying is really resonating with me lately and I just want to use it everywhere. I've been making a point to truly stop and take a moment to appreciate the little things in life. Sometime seemingly insignificant things. Like when my husband kisses me goodnight before laying down to sleep, like my dogs greeting me when I come home and wanting to snuggle on the couch. The peace that a clean kitchen and uncluttered dining room evokes, the fact that I have a craft room with loads of toys to play with.... The list could go on and on. Okay back to this pretty little card....



I used Glue Stick to adhere the Go Wild DSP onto the left edge of the card front and used 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere the strip of Silver Glimmer Paper next to the DSP. 

Next up was the tag. I took the Basic Black cardstock and used the Ornate Tag Topper Punch on one end. Then I stamped the Hardwood background image onto the tag in Whisper White Craft Ink. 

The butterfly from Papillion Potpourri was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock in Jet Black Stazon ink and then punched out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch. I used both the Elegant Butterfly Punch and Bitty Butterfly Punch on a scrap of Vellum Cardstock and used 2-Way Glue Pen to layer the butterflies together. Some Rhinestone Basic Jewels were added into the center of the butterfly to add some more sparkle. Then the butterfly was adhered onto the tag with a Glue Dot. 

I cut about a 12" long piece of Silver Baker's Twine and tied it into a bow at the top of the tag then stuck the tag onto the card front with some Stampin' Dimensionals. Some additional Rhinestone Basic Jewels were scattered onto the card to match the sketch and add even more sparkle. 


This card really was a lot of fun to put together all while limiting myself to use what I already had on the table. Take about working that creativity muscle! I also had a chance to reflect on the many little things that bring joy into my life and prove that I am truly blessed. 

So I hope you take a moment today to enjoy the little things in life!